Photo-Me International plc (‘Photo-Me International’) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Photo-Me International Web site and also governs data collection and usage in our UK and European Union offices from 1 January 2021. By using the Photo-Me International website, you understand that it is in our legitimate business interests to process relevant personal data to enable us to provide you with our services.
Our Site is owned and operated by KIS SAS based in Grenoble, France, and which is a subsidiary of Photo-Me International plc, a public limited company registered in England under company number 00735438. Registered address: Unit 3B, Blenheim Road, Epsom, KT19 9AP
Main trading address: Unit 3B, Blenheim Road, Epsom, KT19 9AP
VAT number:. GB212029713
Data Protection Lead Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: 01372 453399
Postal address: Unit 3B, Blenheim Road, Epsom, KT19 9AP.
Collection of your personal information
Photo-Me International collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Photo-Me International also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your post code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Photo-Me International. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Photo-Me International for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Photo-Me International Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Photo-Me International public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Photo-Me International does not read any of your private online communications.
Photo-Me International encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Photo-Me International so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Photo-Me International is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Photo-Me International and Photo-Me International family of Web sites.
Use of your personal information
Photo-Me International collects and uses your personal information to operate the Photo-Me International Web site and deliver the services you have requested.
Photo-Me International also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Photo-Me International and its affiliates. Photo-Me International may also contact you by way of surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Photo-Me International does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Photo-Me International may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Photo-Me International may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Photo-Me International, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Photo-Me International does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Photo-Me International keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Photo-Me International, in order to determine what Photo-Me International services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Photo-Me International to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Photo-Me International Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Photo-Me International or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Photo-Me International; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Photo-Me International, or the public.
This Personal Data Policy defines how your Personal Data is collected and processed via the following:
- The web site www.photomaton.fr hereinafter referred to as the ‘Site’
- Photomaton smartphone apps, hereinafter referred to as ‘the Application’
- The use of certain services proposed by Photomaton, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Services’:
- E-photos for driver’s licenses
- Photos and printing
- Service of creation of personalised objects, personalised decoration
This Personal Data Policy also states the rights you have with respect to your Personal Data that are collected and processed via the Site, the Application and the Services.
The Photomaton firm manages the processing of the Personal Data collected via the site, the Application and the Services. Main offices are located at 4, rue de la Croix Faron 93217 La Plaine Saint Denis Cedex.
Photomaton collects personal data in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council on data protection and privacy for all individuals with respect to the processing of the personal data and the free circulation of that data (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”), and Act n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 in its latest version in effect (hereinafter referred to as ‘Applicable Regulation on Personal Data Protection’).
The terms ‘personal data’, ‘processing’, ‘processing manager’, ‘sub-contractor’, ‘Supervisory Authority Concerned’ have the meaning defined in Article 4 of the European General Data Protection Regulation.
Photo-Me International collects personal data in compliance with the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “UK GDPR”), as it forms part of the law of England and Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland by virtue of section 3 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 as amended, and any successor legislation.
The main UK office of Photo-Me International is located at Unit 3B, Blenheim Road, Epsom, KT19 9AP, United Kingdom.
The UK Supervisory Authority is The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House,
Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom.
- What Personal Data of yours do we collect?
- In which cases is it necessary that you provide us with your Personal Data?
Within the scope of the use of the Site, the Application and the Services proposed, we request that you give us certain personal data (‘Personal Data’):
- If you wish to register on the site, and create an account, you will be asked for the following data: Last name, first name, email address, log-in, password….
- If you wish to use the Application, and create an account, you will be asked for the following data: Last name, first name, email address, log-in, password…
- If you wish to use the proposed Services
- E-photos for driver’s license
You will be asked for the following data: Last name, first name, photograph, signature, e-mail address ….
- Photos and printing
We do not collect any Personal Data when you use the photos and printing Services such as the Photomaton booths, except for your bank data when you pay for the use of this Service by bank card.
In order to be able to use the MoneyGram money transfer service, you must create an account using the MoneyGram terminal or the Photomaton Money dedicated Application. To create an account, you will be asked to provide the following data: telephone number, ID document…
- If you wish to request reimbursement, you will be asked to provide the following information:your last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, post code, country, the relevant photo contact sheet, your bank account details and proof of payment.
- If you wish to contact us, you will be asked to provide the following information: your last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, post code, country, if you are a professional, individual or a journalist, the purpose of your request, and the content of your message.
You will also be able to state the name of your company.
If you do not provide us with the necessary Personal Data, we will not be able to provide you with access to the Site or to the Application, to create your account and/or to give you the Service(s) requested.
- The Personal Data that you give us if you wish when you contact us:
Your last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, address, postal code, country,
You give us this data when you want to:
- Call upon our services,
- Contact a salesperson,
- Obtain additional information on our machines, our services, our operations,
- Rent for an event or other,
- Sign up for the newsletter
- The other personal data that Photomaton collects from your visits to the Web site and your use of the Site:
We collect information on your visits to the site and on your use to help us directly and indirectly identify you, such as: your IP address and your geographic location, type of browser used, your domain name, date and time of your connection, the source that sent you to us and the Web sites visited before visiting us.
- If you use our MoneyGram on-line payment service,we (ourselves, or the payment system we have appointed) can store your credit and debit card number in a secured encrypted form.
- For what purposes and on what legal basis do we process your Personal Data?
Based on your use of the Site, Application, and/or Services, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
|Site/Application or Service concerned||Personal Data processing purposes||Legal grounds for the processing|
|Site/Application/Services||To enable creation of your user account on our Site and our Application||The need to perform our contract with you providing for access and use of an account on our Site and our Application|
|Site||Manage your requests for information on the products and services proposed by Photomaton.||Our legitimate interest in developing and maintaining a commercial relationship with you and that of promoting our products and services.|
|Site/Application||Manage your requests for reimbursement and your complaints||The need to perform our contract with you for the sale of goods or services via our Site or Application|
|Site/Application/Services||Send you promotional and commercial offers||consent (when required by law), or
Our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services to you
|Site/Application/Services||Manage contests that we organise||Our legitimate interest in developing and maintaining our commercial relationship with you and that of promoting our products and services.|
|Site/Application/Services||Manage your registration to receive the newsletter||consent (when required by law), or
Our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services to you
|Services||Manage your orders, production of personalised products, such as the processing and deliveries of your images||The need to perform our contract with you for the sale of goods or services via our Services|
Our legitimate interest in developing and improving our products and services.
- To whom is your Personal Data provided?
The Personal Data that we collect is provided as follows:
- To the accredited members of our personnel so they can perform the services requested, respond to your requests or perform the work required or related to operation and use of our site;
- To third-party service providers in their capacity as sub-contractors to whom we sub-contract for the performance of the requested services;
- To the administrative or legal authorities assigned with investigative and security missions, insofar as required due to a legal obligation or judicial or legal ruling;
- Within the framework of use of the E-photo service for EU driver’s license, we provide your Personal Data to the French Ministry of the Interior and the French Authority for Secure Documents;
- Within the framework of use of the E-photo service for a UK driver’s license, we provide your Personal Data to the UK government passport service website;
- Within the framework of use of payment by bank card, we provide your Personal Data to the payment service provider with whom we work;
These recipients are subjected to strict confidentiality and security obligations and shall have access to the Personal Data for reasons limited to the processing purposes stated above.
Assuming that we work with sub-contractors, we inform you that we give strict instructions to the sub-contractors with whom we work in written contracts and we request that they do not use your Personal Data for any other purposes than those for which your Personal Data were collected initially. We also impose strict obligations on them with respect to data confidentiality, security, access management, restricted use of data and restitution or deletion of data in compliance with the requirements of the applicable legislation and the contract we undertook with you.
Any communication of Personal Data shall be done in compliance with the applicable legislation on protection of Personal Data and with the European Data Protection Regulation so as to guarantee the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data.
- Your commercial marketing choices
In compliance with your choices in this area, you may receive special offers and commercial offers that could be of interest to you.
You can, at any time, choose to no longer receive such commercial messages by using the Unsubscribe link in the message or, using the Smartphone or tablet settings for push notifications, or by writing to the address stated in the last paragraph below
- Transfers of Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom
- We do not transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom
- How long is your Personal Data kept?
Your Personal Data is kept for the duration of the commercial relationship and for the time required for the purposes described in this Personal Data Policy:
- If you are subscribed to a newsletter: throughout the term of your subscription,
- If you have a user account: until your account is closed,
- When you pay for the use or the purchase of a Service proposed by a booth or a terminal by bank card, we do not keep your banking data (number of the credit/debit card).
Beyond these periods, your Personal Data shall be kept for the applicable legally required periods to enable us to comply with our regulatory or legal obligation, or to enable us to establish proof of a right or a contract.
- When you use the E-photos service for a driver’s license, we keep your photograph and your signature for a period of six months then this data is destroyed.
- Security of your Personal Data
Photomaton implements the appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data and to prevent unauthorised access to this data and to the equipment used for its processing and to prevent non-authorised use of this Data and this equipment.
- What are your rights? How can you exercise them?
In compliance with the legislation that applies to data protection and to the European Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights relating to the protection of your Personal Data:
- Right of access– you have the right to request information about Photomaton’s processing of your Personal Data and to obtain a copy of your Personal Data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to obtain, without undue delay, rectification of your Personal Data that is inaccurate and the right to complete your Personal Data.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to obtain, without undue delay, erasure of your Personal Data where the conditions for erasure are met.
This is the case, for example, where:
- Your Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- The sole legal grounds for the processing was your consent and you have withdrawn your consent,
- You object to the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your specific situation and we cannot prove that there is a legitimate and imperious reason that overrides in favour of processing your Personal Data,
- Your Personal Data was unlawfully processed
- Your Personal Data must be erased in compliance with a legal obligation
If Photomaton has communicated your Personal Data to third parties, those third parties shall be informed of the erasure, if that is required by law.
Please note that your right to erasure is subject to restrictions. Photomaton shall not be responsible, for example for erasing your Personal Data that are stored in compliance with the legally-required periods or where Photomaton needs them to exercise its rights, carry out and defend legal proceedings. This is excluded from your right to erasure.
- Right to withdraw consent–If processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing. The data collection operation that took place earlier does not necessarily become unlawful.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data for reasons that are due to your personal situation, when we process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interest. You also have an unlimited right to objection if Photomaton processes your data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to the restriction of processing – you have the right to obtain restriction of processing (such as marking personal data so as to restrict all later processing), under certain conditions:
- Where you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data and Photomaton must verify the accuracy of this data
- Where processing of the data is unlawful and you request restriction of their use instead of erasure
- Where Photomaton no longer needs the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Where you have objected to the processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Photomaton override your interests
Where processing of the data has been restricted, such data shall only be processed, with the exception of storage, with your consent, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State or the United Kingdom.
- Right to data portability – Where the processing of the data is based on your consent or on a contract and carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your Personal Data that you provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. You also have the right to transmit your Personal Data to another data controller.
- Complaints – you have the right to file a complaint with a data protection Supervisory Authority if you consider that your Personal Data have been unlawfully processed. This right to lodge a complaint is without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
- You also have the right to define the provisions for the fate of your Personal Data after death
If you wish to exercise your rights as an EU citizen please send a request to do so by email to the following address: email@example.com
If you wish to exercise your rights as a UK citizen, please send a request to do so by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that for security reasons related to the need to verify the identity of any person sending a request, you may be requested to provide additional information so as to verify your identity when you exercise your rights.
During your use of the Site and the Application, cookies and other similar technologies that we shall refer to generally by the generic term of ‘cookies’ can be placed on your device.
What types of cookies are used?
Our Site and our Application use the following cookies:
|Strictly necessary cookies required for proper operation
The cookies that are required make a Web site useable by activating basic functions such as browsing in the pages and access to secured areas on the Web site. The Web site cannot function properly without these cookies
|SERVERID||Identifies the server which delivered the latest page to the browser. Associated with HAProxy Load Balancer software.||Session||Delete cookies in the browser|
|newsletter_subscribed||This cookie enables knowing if you have already seen the newsletter subscription banner so as not to display it systematically.||3 months||Delete cookies in the browser|
|hasConsentForm||Informs us as to what cookies you have accepted.||13 months||Delete cookies in the browser|
|hasConsentConfig||Permet de savoir si vous avez accepté les cookies.||13 months||Delete cookies in the browser|
These cookies are used by Google Analytics. The collect, anonymously, all the statistical data from the Web site: data on traffic, on campaigns, and also on user behaviour such as the number of visitors, the number of sessions, etc.
|_ga||Used to detect users for statistical purposes.||24 months||Refuse via the cookie banner
Delete cookies in the browser
|_gid||Used to detect users for statistical purposes.||24 hours||Refuse via the cookie banner
Delete cookies in the browser
|_gat||Used to limit the number of requests to Google Analytics.||1 minute||Refuse via the cookie banner
Delete cookies in the browser
Placed by third- party firms who deliver advertising on Internet in our name. Advertising cookies enable these companies to collect information on your browsing on the site so as to optimize our ad campaigns and measure their impact.
|_fbp||This cookie, created by Facebook, enables us to propose visitors to our Web site targeted advertising of our products on their platform.||1 day||Refuse via the cookie banner
Delete cookies in the browser
|fr||This cookie, created by Facebook, enables us to propose visitors to our Web site targeted advertising of our products on their platform.||1 day||Refuse via the cookie banner
Delete cookies in the browserr
How do you disable cookies?
If you wish to disable the cookies on our Applications, you must uninstall the relevant Application and reinstall it without clicking on ‘OK’. The banner will continue to display on the Application while you are browsing. Be careful, it is important to understand that when you disable the cookies, your use of our Application is not optimal and you will not have access to some zones of the Application.
Modification of the Personal Data Policy
If this Policy is modified, an updated Policy will be posted on our Sites and Applications and where necessary, we will take appropriate measures to ensure you are aware of the latest version of the Policy.
Security of your personal information
Photo-Me International secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Photo-Me International secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.